I recently discovered a go-to sinful desserts blog called Cookies & Cups. From cookie bars to cakes to breads, she (Shelly) delivers recipes that don’t disappoint those of us with a huge sweet tooth. I have made her Hot Fudge Cheesecake Bars, Toffee Cake Mix Bars, and most recently the Rolo Cake Mix Bars. I’m taking you into the weekend with an easy, 4 ingredient, and totally nom-able treat here, but I can promise that Monday will bring a tasty and healthy meal to recover with. Monday’s forecast? 100% chance of Pomegranate Glazed Skirt Steak with Roasted Green Beans. My stomach is full of this pure joy as I write this actually. Stay tunnnnned!
- 1 box (18.25 oz- you need this size not 15.25 oz) yellow, vanilla or white cake mix ( I used Duncan Hines), dry
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 40 Rolo Candies, unwrapped and cut in half (the least fun part of making these is unwrapping all these little boogers)
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees and spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, blend cake mix, evaporated milk, and butter until combined with hand mixer. Mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Divide batter in half and press 1 half into the bottom of the pan. ( I accidentally bought the smaller box of cake mix so mine was not as dry as it should have been yet it all turned out just fine.)
- Bake until just set, approximately 8-9 minutes.
- Remove base from oven and arrange your Rolos, caramel-side down.
- Drop remaining batter on top of Rolos in teaspoon-sized amounts.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes longer until top begins to golden.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.