I had made this dip back in February for a Super Bowl party (YAY RAVENS!), but I certainly think it is fabulous for any sort of entertaining/ large gathering event you may come across. I am labeling this as a “sinner meal” even in spite of lightening it up from my friend’s original recipe on her blog, Table for Two. Reason being that I think it is good to be real with yourself that lighter does not mean light. Cheese and pepperoni are certainly amongst ingredients you want to be moderate with in your diet. So make this, eat it, and enjoy it- all while remembering that moderation guiding principle! Shout out to Table for Two one of many doozy recipes. I’m certain your palette will be pleased!
- 2 (8 oz.) packets of reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded, plus more for topping
- 1 cup pepperoni, sliced to half moons, plus additional whole pepperoni slices for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream (or greek yogurt), mozzarella, pepperoni, basil, and olive oil.
- Spread mixture in a rectangular casserole dish and smooth out the top using a spoon.
- Cover the top with more mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange whole pepperoni rounds on top of the mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and cheese is good and melty.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or sliced bread. Be cautious not to burn your mouth!