As mentioned the other day, we had a good amount of crab left-overs to consume. Between these delicious omelets and a crab marinara pasta, we met making good use of the left-overs with success. I got girlfriend bonus points for making breakfast in bed for Bryan too! <3 Here is how I threw together the spicy crab and cheddar omelets:
Ingredients (Per Omelet):
- 1/2 cup leftover crab (backfin/jumbo lump) meat
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Sriracha sauce
- 1 TBSP water
- 2 eggs
- nonstick spray
- Few pinches reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat a small saute pan over a medium heat. Once adequately warm, add olive oil, crab meat, lemon juice, a few dashes of Sriracha, and a little S&P. Saute around for a few minutes and reduce heat to low to keep warm.
2. Next, spray another small saute pan with ample nonstick spray. Whisk eggs, a more dashes of Sriracha, and a little S&P together.
3. Heat nonstick sprayed pan over a medium heat for a minute or so and add your egg mixture. As the eggs starts to set, you will want to maneuver the edges with a spatula gently to get the uncooked eggs to the sides. Once there is no more egg flowing to the sides, add your crab down the middle of the omelet and sprinkle a few pinches of shredded cheddar atop it.
4. Using spatula, gentle fold one side over the other and garnish with some parsley. Nom nom!