Looking for a yummy summer-y chicken recipe? You’ve come to the right place. I’ve looked at a few coconut breading options and made modifications arriving at this recipe as my favorite. I hope you’ll enjoy! The ingredients are based on a serving for 2.
- 2 chicken breasts, around 6 oz. each
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 5 TBSP coconut flakes
- 2 TBSP whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- olive oil or other non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice your chicken breasts into tenders (see above).
- Spray a generous, even layer of the oil olive spray on aluminum foil covered cookie sheet.
- Combine coconut flakes, whole wheat bread crumbs, and panko breadcrumbs in a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl, add the egg whites.
- Dip chicken tenders into egg white bowl and transfer to dry ingredients bowl and coat/cover adequately. Place adequately coated chicken tenders on the cookie sheet.
5. Bake for approximately 25 minutes. Serve with a fresh salad and my fav Trader Joe’s Dressing, Light Champagne Vinaigrette, and/or more veggies for a healthy meal!