I would guess that many of you know that most alcoholic beverages are not waistline friendly. If you didn’t, know that a lot of those fruity drinks with spears of fruit or umbrellas stuck into them come in around 400-1,000 calories a pop. Is there no hope you might ask?! There’s always a way to lighten things up my friends- fear not. I have gathered a number of ready-to-serve cocktails for you to consider as you think about your next trip to grab some adult beverages. Enjoy!
Here are some suggestions whether you are a rum, tequila, vodka, wine, or sangria sorta summer drinker…
IF YOU LIKE PINA COLADAS…and lower calories in your drink! (the remix obv):
- Skinnygirl ready-to-serve cocktails like the Pina Colada which combines rum, coconut, vanilla, and pineapple comes in around 90 calories for 4 oz.
- Like your rum, but prefer more of minty flavor? Perhaps a Bacardi Light Mojito is for you then. Again, around 90 calories for 4 oz. It has the great minty-ness but is made with pure cane sugar. No fake sugary taste here!
- Skinnygirl offers a classic marg as well as a white peach flavor made with premium Silver Tequila and sweetened with agave nectars.
- Jose Cuervo Authentic Wild Berry Light Margarita cocktails are ready-to-serve and 95 calories/ 4 oz. You are hit with a shot of tequila and strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries as well as a little dash of tartness from lime in each class.
- Skinnygirl offers a lovely White Cranberry Cosmo cocktail – again under 100 cal for 4 oz.
- A fav of mine though comes from Skinnytaste. The watermelon martini mmmm. A bit more work than some of these ready-to-make ones, but worth it. 6 oz AND 1/4 cup watermelon per serving is just 90 calories! Do yourself a favor and make this for a day by the pool my friends.
- Like your mojitos with vodka instead? VNC Cocktails offers that same mint and lime juice flavor just against a vodka not rum base. There are no preservatives either. A little over the 100 calorie mark, 3.4 oz of this drink is about 110 calories. Check out their other ready-to-serve cocktails as they have quite the spread to please any palette!
VINO y SANGRIA:
- Eppa SupraFruta Red Sangria is fantastic with flavors like pomegranate, blueberry, blood orange, and acai juices! This kind packs serious antioxidants too- 2x that of a glass of red wine in fact. 120 calories for 5 oz.
- Skinnygirl offers a few wines (California Red, Rose, and White) as well as a ready-t0-serve sangria cocktail worth checking out too.
- Your best bets for lower calorie wines in general as they so kindly don’t give you the nutrition facts: White Zinfandel, Chablis, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnays. They tend to come in at about 100 calories per 5 oz serving.
Hope you’ll enjoy some of these lighter libations Tell me about your favorite light cocktails!