Welp, couldn’t eat fat things forever. Back to real life! In order to get back to a healthier walk of life, eating more purely and kicking my as$ at the gym has been the name of the game (I’m really liking spin classes as of late- I’ll post on that soon.) If you find yourself in a similar position- you know post vacation or post some other extended eating extravaganza- I hope you can turn to posts like this to get back to normal!
So, I can’t say I was really eating enough vegetables in Vegas. Vegetables are a struggle as it is for me so if I can avoid them, it seems that I tend to. If I eat the right ones or cook the ones I’m not a huge fan of right, I’m golden. One such vegetable is broccoli. I like broccoli roasted and I like the crunchy kind you find in Chinese food stir fry or other dishes. The mushy kind characteristic of steamed broccoli does not work for me however. Bryan has to pretty much force me to “EAT MY VEGETABLES!” if steamed broccoli is on the menu. Is this resonating for anyone? Let me share a simple and awesome roasted recipe with you then. Please note this is a good size for two people.
You will need just 3 things:
- A good-sized bunch of broccoli
- 2 TBSP garlic flavored olive oil or grapeseed oil (I used a Roasted Garlic grapeseed oil this time)
- Approximately 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wash the broccoli and cut off the stems to florets or with a “tree” depending on preference.
2. Place the broccoli, oil, and salt in a large ziploc bag and have a shake it party with it.
3. On a large cookie sheet, lay down some parchment paper and follow with the coated broccoli evenly across the cookie sheet.
4. Bake for around 11-15 minutes and voila!